(children TV ads in the 1980s vs today) - Need Ideas for good thesis

bjgallagher 1 / 4  
Hi, I need to write an essay about Children TV ads that compare of 1980's and of today's TV ads. Hope you can give me some Ideas. Thanks
Dear Jane,
For this you need to do some research - find out the prominant features of the old and new ads. Discuss how they differ and tell what are the reasons for those differences. Try to connect them to the pscychological, demographical and societal changes that have taken place in children's world over these years. If you can support your arguments with statistical figures that would be more convincing.
OP bjgallagher 1 / 4  
Hi thank you for the response, actually I have read couple article about this... I just can't figure out the right thesis. (Today's TV ads are similar of 1980's that teaches children harmful messages. ) This is the thesis that Im trying to figure out if I constracted it correctly.

Thank you.
Okkkkkk... then 1980's would have been the begining of containing harmful messages in ads for children. (I dont know exactly....better find out that) If so, in that case you can contrast the severity of those harmful contents in 1980's and today. Whether it has increased and if so in what degree.... then connect that to the reasons as I mentioned above. I think you can bring in the impact of globalization on children's world into this thesis... you can take examples of the countries that were not so open to the world in 1980s and show the contrast to your reader....

Also you can talk about the technological changes that have taken place; How advanced the modern ads compared to those of 1980's in terms of technology.

I think you need to study this in detail and access many sources to find out facts before starting to pen down your thesis :)
OP bjgallagher 1 / 4  
Hello everyone, just have an advance search about my next eaasy. Hoping to hear some ideas about it. Out topic is about use of gun in the U.S. Our main task is this: Should the government do more to regulate gun use and ownership in the United States? Why or why not? I would like to hear any ideas about possible thesis on the topic.

thanks

Home / Essays / (children TV ads in the 1980s vs today) - Need Ideas for good thesis