Comming up with a Question for an essay (read more inside)

PH15051991 1 / 1  
Hello

I have to write an essay on an artist, but cannot come up with a question to start off my essay.
I like one of his quotes, is it possible to make that quote a question? or quotes cannot be considered as a question?

also struggling to understand how to question something or someone work, please help on techniques to come up argumentative questions about something or someone.

Sorry if this question is not clear, i will rewrite if needed.

Thank you for your time
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  

Well... why do you want to start your essay with a question? Is it required for this writing or is that the way you wish to structure your essay? ... If it is the second reason, then you should know what question you need to highlight at the beginning. ....

... well, when you quote something, it should be in its original form. I don't think this is a good idea. I think the best way for you to get a start is to do a draft and post it here. Others would provide you advice as to how you can improve.
OP PH15051991 1 / 1  
Hello Thanks for answering. yes a question is required as i have to come up with a question related to the subject and pick a side (yes or no) then answer the question with grounded arguments using evidence.

an artist for example, or his work, or his "team" or his philosophy.

The issue is i cannot work on my first draft until i come up with a question.

how would i go on about questioning something?

Thank you for answering once again.
Researchpapers - / 1  
The best way to come up with an argumentative essay is to look at the content and become a critic. It is like more of doubting what the quote is saying; for example: In the story of the bible when Eve was ask, "Did God really ask you not to eat from the tree of life?" This is one way of looking at it. Let's say God is the quota and satan is you, you can question that quote by questioning that statement by making it look false that is what an argumentative essay is all about.

Home / Essays / Comming up with a Question for an essay (read more inside)