Communist, socialist, Capitalist country - presentation essay

kimty 7 / 14  
I have to do a presentation on the differences between a socialist country, a capitalist country, and a communist country. I'm not sure how to start i have to do the presentation in a way that i use the same object for each type of countries head but explain the difference. My teachers example was with a cow...When she explained her part of the socialist country she was like there were 1 people and two cows. The government gave him one cow and gave his neighnor the other one. So the thing is fair. I need to do something like this. But with something more critical. I need some ideas on how to start it.

Thanks
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

If I understand correctly, you are to use a metaphor to explain the differences between the types of governments. For instance, let's say the object was a pie. In a capitalist country, the citizen must go out and find and gather his own berries, thresh his own wheat, etc., make the pie, and once he has the completed pie, he can eat it all by himself. In the socialist country, the government might supply some of the ingredients for making the pie, and in return, the citizen must give a couple of pieces of the pie back to the government, which will then divide up those pieces and give parts of them to a number of citizens. In the communist country, the government gives the citizen the land to grow the berries, wheat, and other essential ingredients. The citizen supplies all the labor, makes the pie, and then gives the whole thing back to the government, which then gives him a piece of it.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP kimty 7 / 14  
Thanks do you no any way else that I can do it
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Well, essentially, what it is saying is that in a capitalist system, people pretty much make their own way (supposedly) without a lot of government interference, and they get to keep most of what they make (although a lot of U.S. taxpayers would disagree with that!). In a socialist country, the government has more control and takes more in taxes; in a communist country, everything belongs to the government, which then tells everyone what they will do, and then (supposedly) takes care of their needs. This is a very simplified version, of course.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / Communist, socialist, Capitalist country - presentation essay