a Comparison and cantrash paragraph about two places

Kristian_Life 1 / -  
Well, my teacher asked me to make a Comparison and cantrash paragraph about two places. But I don't what to do. I meant i don't what to compare. Can anyone help me with this? Hope u help
Notoman 20 / 419  
I wouldn't know what to do with a compare and "cantrash" paper either. A compare and contrast paper would be a little easier.

I did a quick Google search on "compare and contrast paper" and came up with quite a few website that walk you through the process.

Here's a simple website (very simple-it is written for fifth graders) that walks you through the process:

geocities.com/fifth_grade_tpes/compare_contrast.h tml
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Compare: Say how two things are similar.
Contrast: Say how two things are different.
Compare and contrast two places: Choose two places then say how they are alike and how they are different.

Once you have chosen your places and brainstormed their similarities and differences, you can think about how to organize your essay. You may wish to say everything about one place and then talk about the other in relation to the first. You may want to introduce both places, then discuss first their similarities and then their differences. Etc.
Often, you'll end up emphasizing either the comparisons or the contrasts in this sort of essay. So, you might say "City A and City B are both superficially similar in that they possess characteristics A, B, and C. However, they are really quite different because of characteristics D, E, and F." Whether you end up emphasizing the similarities or the differences depends upon which of the two are least obvious, as it is more interesting to argue that two apparently similar things are different or that two apparently different things are similar, than it is to say that two things that seem the same mostly are similar, or that two things that seem different actually are different. As most people choose two apparently similar things when asked to write a comparison and contrast essay, that usually means that you'll want to play up the differences.

Home / Essays / a Comparison and cantrash paragraph about two places