Computer addiction - Need writing topic ideas for my cause and effect essay

miatrantran 1 / -  
Hi Madam,

I'm Mia. This Friday I have to turn in an outline for my Cause and Effect Essay. I had picked up a topic. It is Computer Addiction.

I think I just need to focus on the effects of this problem, is it right ?
I intend to give 2 effects.
Firstly, when people have computer addiction, they don't focus much on their other work. You know, they always look at the screen of their computer or laptop to see if there is any thing changed.

Secondly, some people are so addicted that they only turn of their computers when they go to bed. Spending all days with the network may cause their health to be weaker. For example, one day I got up and realized that I couldn't see anything clearly. Something had happened to my eyes and all I could do then was sleeping and waiting for myself recover. It took me about 2 days. That's horrible period !

Do you think they are reasonable or I need to find another effects ? Do I need to add any thing for those two effects above ?
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

That sounds like a very good topic for a cause-and-effect essay! The cause, of course, is the addiction itself; the effects are the ones you mentioned, but I can think of a few more. For example, they may not only neglect their work, but also their family members and friends. Some people end up living a "virtual" life and doing very little outside the internet. As far as health concerns, not only vision problems, but carpal tunnel syndrome from typing or using a joystick, back problems, blood clots from sitting in the same chair too much, weight gain from lack of exercise...the list goes on and on!

Let me know if you need some editing help once you have a rough draft! :-)

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
imrad /  
Hello miatrantran, I was wondering did you ever write that paper? I just thought it was a really good topic and would love to read it if you do not mind. I wrote my cause and effect paper on the Collapse of Glacial Caves lame I know but still. If you could totally email it to me at imagogetter@gmail.com that would be awesome.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
I don't think the collapse of glacial caves sounds lame at all, imrad! It sounds quite interesting to me! :-)

Sarah, EssayForum.com
colorspirits - / 1  
Writing about computer addiction - need topic ideas for it

im writting about computer addiction but can't seem to get 3 topics for it, can any1 help me 3 topics that would be delightful ty
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

Your post is seeking course specific answers, and as such my free assistance will be very limited because your question refers to very specific source material out of my area of expertise that only you and other members of your class can access. The solution to this problem might be to seek paid professional writing support, or alternatively, you can contact your instructor, classmates, academic advisor, or media center specialist for assistance in locating materials and/or study groups on-campus that can help you complete this assignment.

Once you have the assignment completed, I can help you edit for grammar and mechanics.

I wish you luck.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
jay81 - / 1  
Question regarding my Cause and Effect essay Computer Addiction.

It took me a while to settle on a topic but now I have decided on Computer Addiction for a cause/effect essay. I am shooting for 3 effects with 2 of them being in the business world and in personal life. I can't seem to think of another aspect of life that doesn't fall into those two categories already. Any ideas for a 3rd effect, or is it alright to just have two effects? My professor didn't specify how many causes or effects to use.

Also this is only a 500 - 750 word paper, would this topic be focused enough to stay interesting in such a limited capacity?

Thank you in advance.
Great topic, with lots to write about! How about physical ailments, such as eye strain, back problems, lack of sleep and obesity? (I know someone who was quite addicted to World of Warcraft) I don't think you'll have any trouble keeping your essay interesting all the way through. Good luck and have fun with it!

:)

Home / Essays / Computer addiction - Need writing topic ideas for my cause and effect essay