Concerning Chevening personal statement/essay - essays written separately 500 words each?

Thebiod 2 / 5 2  

Chevening scholarship essay format

Hello, please I intend to apply for the Chevening Scholarship program come this September. I'm trying to draft my personal statement/essay and I believe it covers; leadership, networking, university university and course choices, and finally career plan. My question is, should the essays be written on the above segments separately which each containing 500 words or should it be one essay comprising the above segments with a 500 word count?
Those essays are written separately. Each essay has a maximum of 500 words. You are to write prompt specific responses for every topic provided. Do not write an essay that tries to cover all prompts within 1 statement. The reviewer reads the essays separately per applicant. It is important that you understand each prompt and supply the required information.

For leadership: Do this within a workplace context, not within an undergraduate context. Depict a workplace scenario where your leadership was required or came to fore because of a certain situation.

For networking: Explain the importance of the Chevening network within your current profession and how it can be useful to you. Add notes on how you plan to promote Chevening after you graduate within your country.

University and course choices: Focus on each university separately, along with its separate courses. Do not use one combined statement for the course and university choice. Indicate your first, second, and third university choices. Just discuss the universities in order of priority, You do not need to indicate your priority, second, and third choices.

For Career plan: Explain your post studies plan. How do you plan to use your knowledge in the workplace? What future career prospects do you have as a masters and Chevening graduate?

These guidelines are basic and will help you create a targeted draft of your response essays. Don't forget to come back to this forum when you are done. Post the essays in individual threads for my review. I can guide you with your application until you submit your essays. I've helped a tremendous number of Chevening applicants over the years win their scholarships or, at the very least, get shortlisted for acceptance. You can trust in my reviews, comments, and revision advice.
OP Thebiod 2 / 5 2  
Thank you so much @Holt. I'd begin the draft and post it here for review.
OP Thebiod 2 / 5 2  
New essay to a new thread (one at a time in appropriate category).

Home / Essays / Concerning Chevening personal statement/essay - essays written separately 500 words each?