"a conflict between a parent and yourself" I am having difficult time with prompt!

collegebound28 13 / 22  
" choose a situation in your your life that depicts a conflict between a parent and yourself. Analyze the sources of the conflict and explain how the conflict contributes to the meaning of your life"

I am so confused with this essay, can anyone give me some tips or ideas on how to start or maybe some ideas on how to go about writing it?
nayara13 1 / 2  
Well an idea would be if you ever fought with your parents about lets say coming home late or not telling them where you were and this contributes to the meaning of your life because it shows how much they worry about you or care for you..

Im not sure but thats what i would do..

hope it helps! =)
It seems like kind of a stupid question. It does not specify if it wants to know about your parent or just anyone's parent. But I think it refers to YOUR parent.

Also, "contributes to the meaning of your life" is vague and abstract. What school is this for? I would reconsider attending a school with this prompt!

Anyway, use this as an opportunity to discuss a conflict that helped you choose your major. If you are undecided, choose tentatively. Seem decisive and committed to your chosen field... and do not forget that you can have more than one career. More than two, even. :-)

But my point is that you should explore a conflict that somehow relates you your fields of interest. Read some articles online if it helps you to get ideas...

:-)

Home / Essays / "a conflict between a parent and yourself" I am having difficult time with prompt!