Would you consider today's society "celebrity obsessed" ?

MoeMoe1 13 / 75  

you may want to use a reference what is currently surrounding the Michael Jackson Phenomenon in terms of his life and death. you may also want to speak about Farrah Fawcett struggle with caner and her ultimate death.

The above examples may seem to be a reflection of what has been considered an obsession on celebrity culture. What are you thoughts and opinions?

Any comments? what should I specifically discuss what major breakpoints?
Start by defining "celebrities." (Really, you should always start by defining your key terms). What made Michael Jackson a celebrity? Farrah Fawcett? Princess Di? Are they all the same sort of celebrity? Who in society obsesses about them? Why do so many people take an interest in celebrities to begin with? Is it any coincidence that the listed celebrities received the most intense coverage just after their deaths?

Hmmmmm . . . that last paragraph consisted of a series of questions for you to answer, almost like the beginning of a brainstorming activity . . .
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Another way to go, in your own brainstorming, is to think about the role of celebrities in the lives of the people you know. Do your friends or family members talk or read about celebrities? Do they wish for fame themselves? What impact has the cultural emphasis on celebrity had on the hopes and dreams of you and your friends? Is that good or bad?
OP MoeMoe1 13 / 75  
thanks I'm going to get started
tayab - / 1  
PEOPLE ARE INSPIRED BY CELEBRITIES AND WANT TO BECOME LIKE THEM - ideas?

please help me on PEOPLE ARE INSPIRED BY CELEBRITIES AND WANT TO BECOME LIKE THEM
Demeris 4 / 6  
The biggest motivator is image and popularity.
Celebrities seemingly have it all--the great bod, hot boyfriend or girlfriend, money to buy nice things,and the attention. Therefore people who don't have this life style, and find it desirable are then motivated by celebrities and want to become like them

Home / Essays / Would you consider today's society "celebrity obsessed" ?