Convincing my professor that I understand: Structure of Writing

lilmisha 3 / 17  
My English Class is quickly coming to an end. We have a persuasive argument we must make to convince our Professor that we have learned the required objectives to pass the Eng 112 course.

This is my intro and thesis statment. Can anyone give me some advise, whether i am on the right track or not?

Before attended English 112 I was unclear of the structure of writing. I did not understand fully how to organize my thoughts on paper by planning drafting and revising, in order to develop more complex papers. My lack of ability to analyze and critique a reading and utilize research to support my ideas was weak. I could critically read and understand the main point the author was making, but I could not express it in a claim that he made through development and style to a certain audience. I had no understanding on how to cite materials used within a text and thru APA style. I intend to prove that all of my misunderstanding about writing when it relates to structure, purpose and development and research are at satisfactory expectations for the level of Eng 112. And I feel most confident that I have obtained the required objectives of the curriculum in basics writing skills and will continue to use the resources available to assist me in my future courses at DeVry..

Misha
Before attended English 112, I did not have a clear understanding of the structure of writing. In these past weeks, I learned fully how to organize my thoughts on paper by planning drafting and revising, in order to develop more complex papers. My lack of ability to analyze and critique a reading and utilize research to support my ideas made my writing weak.

Through, not "thru"

And I feel most confident that I have obtained the required objectives of the curriculum in basics writing skills, and I will continue to use the resources available to assist me in my future courses at DeVry..
OP lilmisha 3 / 17  
Thanks, AbbyT and Kevin.
You are often to a good start. Now, how do you intend to prove your point? Can you come up with a thesis related to the goals you need to demonstrate (beyond just asserting that you have mastered them)? Perhaps even something that would call for a bit of research, just so you can included an example or two of APA citation? Try to come up with a clever approach that goes further than merely listing the requirements you are supposed to meet and claiming that you have met them. This will make your essay stand out from all the others the professor is going to have to slog through, improving your chances of getting an A.
Sammy 4 / 9  
I agree with Sean. Begin expanding on yuor ideas and generate a thesis to base your essay on.

Home / Essays / Convincing my professor that I understand: Structure of Writing