Cornell College of Engineering Essay Topic - Virtual Stock Market (what to write about?)

bigpapi 3 / 9 1  
I have been thinking about possible essay topics for my application to the College of Engineering (Computer Science major) and I was wondering if it was a suitable response to the prompt, which is:

College of Engineering:
Tell us about an engineering idea you have, or about your interest in engineering. Describe how your ideas and interests may be realized by - and linked to - specific resources within the College of Engineering. Finally, explain what a Cornell Engineering education will enable you to accomplish.

I was going to write about a piece of software I wrote in high school as FBLA president that allows its members to participate in a "virtual stock market", buying and selling stocks in real time and managing their portfolio. is this ok to write about? it's an engineering idea that I had but I already created. could that interfere with the second part of the essay (how may your ideas by realized by Cornell)? or could I write about the idea I had and relate it to my other interests in combining disciplines with computer science and how cornell could help me achieve that? let me know what you guys think about that topic. I just want to make sure the topic fits the prompt before I write it
I was going to write about a piece of software I wrote in high school as FBLA president that allows its members to participate in a "virtual stock market", buying and selling stocks in real time and managing their portfolio.---awesome idea! If software would be considered engineering, it's great.

or could I write about the idea I had and relate it to my other interests in combining disciplines with computer science and how cornell could help me achieve that? ---That's an excellent idea, as long as you work Cornell in there and let them know they can help you!

Good luck!

:)
OP bigpapi 3 / 9 1  
thank you for the help! I think it would be a good idea to write about how Cornell helps to combine disciplines using engineering, which is one of the draws of the school for me
koreanincambo 6 / 11  
i think you can definitely write about your topic, possibly elaborating more on how you can develop it even further at Cornell

Home / Essays / Cornell College of Engineering Essay Topic - Virtual Stock Market (what to write about?)