Criminology essay - in relation to cultural goals

Sun118 1 / -  
I am unsure about what the essay question is asking me to do. It's a criminology essay and it asks:
Can criminal behaviour can be explained by examining the tension between an emphasis upon the attainment of particular cultural goals and the actual ability to secure those goals?

Can anyone help with what they think the essay is asking me to consider
KR, for this particular prompt, you should consider looking into the way that cultural conflicts in the country have arisen to cause violence and criminal behavior. For example, you can look into the way that the Chinese raise their children in America. There is a conflict of interest in the way that the child is raised due to the American influence on an Asian upbringing. This often causes confusion in the part of the child who seeks to gain acceptance or a unified identity by going with the wrong crowd. This in turn, creates a criminal behavior because of the inability of the person to attain either a Chinese or American identity. The same basis can also be used for the Latin Americans, Mexicans, and other ethnicity that exist in the country. However, you will need to do an in-dept research regarding the percentage of crimes in each group or a particular group, that was caused by this particular tension in the life of the person. A Google search should be able to point you in the right direction or at least, allow you to read materials that might be useful in your essay presentation.

Home / Essays / Criminology essay - in relation to cultural goals