Critique for My thesis - Animals do have rights

SceneGirl1213 1 / 1  
Animals do have rights when being used for experimentation, even though they cannot speak to us, or tell us in any way that they do or do not wish to be in any kind of experiments, that does not allow them to be subject to it because they are still living creatures and deserve to have rights, similar to those of human beings in the same respect.

Can anyone tell me if my thesis is strong or weak? And how I can change it to make it stronger Thank you all comments are helpful
stevejones - / 1  
Hi, I would condense the title to something else and more concise. I would chose a title that provokes and then base or relate your thesis around the title, concluding in a clear and concise manor. Hope this helps...
hawk054 - / 2  
Accurate knowledge of a subject is important as a basis for thorough decision-making. That is how I find one, which most suits me, which I like most and want to specialize on. Studying all subjects at the same level, knowing core ideas of all of them, allows me to compare them in the best possible way and based on thorough judgment choose the most favorable ones for me. It is an old technique following me through whole life from the very beginning of my educational way.

Would you pls comment how good or bad it is???
It is an old technique following me through whole life from the very beginning of my educational way.
I would change this way:
It is an old technique that I have kept with me (it has not followed you; you kept it) throughout my whole life, from the very beginning of my educational process .

When you write a thesis sentence, it has to be something that is worth saying. If you are writing about this technique, you are probably writing about why it is so useful and important. So, you could write those sentences above as the sentences of your introduction paragraph, nd at the end add a thesis statement:

It is an old technique that I have kept with me (it has not followed you; you kept it) throughout my whole life, from the very beginning of my educational process . My technique of studying all options from the same level is useful because it helps me to consider all my options, enables me to guard against mistakes, and helps me to put the whole issue into perspective.

Then, you can have one body paragraph for each of those three:

para #1
My technique of studying all options from the same level helps me to consider all my options, because ...

para#2
My technique enables me to guard against mistakes, in the sense that...

para #3
My technique also helps me to put the whole issue into perspective. I think about the "big picture" when I...

In this essay, the thesis sentence is worth saying, because it explains this technique.
However, your other thesis (Animals do have rights when being used for experimentation) is not very strong because it is so obvious. No one would disagree with you, so it is not a good thesis. If you are making an argument, you have to have a thesis someone might disagree with. Google this:

thesis statement arguable
hawk054 - / 2  
Thanks for yr comments but you have misunderstood my paragrraph (hawk054) has no connection with the one posted first by SceneGirl1213. :))
OP SceneGirl1213 1 / 1  
Thank you everyone your comments all help in making my paper better beginning with the thesis. Thanks again :)
Animals do should have rights and protections. Even though they cannot speak to us, or tell us in any way that they do or do not wish to be involved with experiments, that does not mean we should be able to impose it on the, because they are still living creatures and deserve to have rights, similar to those of human beings. in the same respect.

This thesis is a little too simple. I don't think anyone would disagree with this argument. In order to make an arguable thesis, you could argue that all experimentation involving animals should be banned completely. Would you agree with this, even if it meant we would not use animals to try to find cures for diseases that kill humans?

Make a thesis statement that some people would disagree with. No one would disagree with the statement that animals are not being given any rights, but they might disagree if you argue that no experimentation involving animals should be allowed.

no connection with the one posted first by SceneGirl1213. :))

I see, I did not notice that I was talking to 2 different people! :-)

Home / Essays / Critique for My thesis - Animals do have rights