Current research of your interest and a professor-mentor.

Nitivat 3 / 9 1  
First off, I'm sorry for my mistake about the rule of this forum. I did post unrelated thing in other thread (essayforum.com/scholarship/great-impact-dna-human-sop-stuck-study-plan-75521)

Now, I have no idea how to delete or edit that reply, the option did not visible anymore, is there anything I can do at this point? Just hope for the best (or goodbye and thank you)...

To my essay question.

According to @Holt suggesting on study Plan in other thread below (essayforum.com/scholarship/sop-goal-study-title-subject-research-detailed-75457/)

--------------------------------------------------------
5. What is the current research that the university is doing in your line of interest? Does it align with the problem that you hope to resolve with your own research?

and

6. Is there a specific professor you want to mentor you as you write your thesis? What makes you think that he / she would be able to help you further advance your research?

In my case, one professor has track records of involvement in the area that I interest, but he did not mention much about utilizing computational methodology and I am only able to find two papers that were in Korean with his name in english. Then, the school has other 2 professors with research that utilized those and other interesting computational methods but they normally apply it for different things.

----------------------------------------------------------

What should I talk about in this part of my study plan? Thank you
Nic, the first thing that you have to know about a study plan is that is has to be composed of a beginning, middle, and end. In terms more related to a masters degree, you need to have a thesis statement accompanied by a hypothetical result, a plan of research, and the actual result of your study in relation to your thesis question. Therefore, you will need to coordinate with as many advisers, not necessarily mentors, that you can.

Since you found 3 people whose work might be better improved by the inclusion of your work or vice versa, you should present a study plan that calls for consultations with all 3, while choosing only one as your mentor for the thesis program. While it is not sure that you will be able to get this particular professor as your mentor, it is important to show the reviewer that you have the desire to improve, not only your own research, but the research of your host country as well.

A collaborative effort on the part of your study plan works right in with the post study / career goals plan of the KGSP because there is a possibility that you can continue the research into different fields after graduation, as an employee at a connected or relevant institution in Korea.

Just ignore the post in the previous thread. The mods will delete it when they get a chance. No worries there. It will just be ignored by everyone at this point.

Home / Essays / Current research of your interest and a professor-mentor.