"With Such Dexterity to Incestuous Sheets"

donfilipe 2 / 4  
The first couple paragraphs of a character analysis of Gertrude from Hamlet. I'm worried that the second paragraph doesn't seem like its full focus is on Gertrude. Somehow, everything ends up about Hamlet. Suggestion on rewording to change that would be great!

Gertrude, Prince Hamlet's mother, has the history of a character without boundaries and a necessary maternal compassion. Most look to her illogical, treacherous actions and voice their opinion concerning her loyalty and ignorance. Although, this shallow analysis concludes from a mind with a naïve notation toward Gertrude's reasoning. With an intricate look into her efforts, the lies she spreads and the faithfulness she tosses around portrays a deeper haste to a consideration for all of the men in her life.

Hamlet's commission to murder has little relevance to anything but his parental sympathy. Seeking revenge may be the primary reason for his compliance, but his mother's position of adulterous love has become an ulterior motive. He has the yearning to liberate her because of their relationship, incestuous or not. Without Gertrude, the mother he cares for immensely, Hamlet would have no reason to comply within the prison walls of Elsinore. This woman, simple in her doings as she may be, is the sole reason our tragic hero, Hamlet, remains in the turmoil; and, the only tangible incentive that continuously refuels his cause for vengeance. Gertrude's involvement in the play essentially develops as the rationale for Hamlet not to flee the state. Without her, the tragic ending to this tragedy would not exist.
Gertrude, Prince Hamlet's mother, has a history as a character without boundaries or necessary maternal compassion.

Most look at her illogical, treacherous actions and voice their opinions concerning her loyalty and ignorance.

Although, this shallow analysis concludes from a mind with naïve notionsabout Gertrude's reasoning.

With an intricate look into her efforts, the lies she spreads and the faithfulness she tosses around portraya deeper haste to a consideration for all of the men in her life.

Hamlet's commission to murder ... His commission to murder who, his mother? You should write as if to an audience who has not read it.

Home / Essays / "With Such Dexterity to Incestuous Sheets"