effective way of writing an essay

ami 1 / -  
hi

now a days everyone is capable of writing an essay.i think writing a essay is not important...presenting the essay in effective way is important...so i want some tips like how to strat our first paragraph of essay,how to conclude...

gowthami
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

The thing about a great introduction is that it is complicated. It should be a precursor to the information contained in the essay, thereby informing the audience as to what will be discussed, while being specific enough to narrow down your topic as much as possible to eradicate meandering throughout the piece. A thesis can be as short as a couple of sentences or as long as a whole page; it's not the length that really matters.

As to a conclusion, it should "warm" the audience up to the conclusion of the paper while reiterating and restating the main points previously discussed; new information should never be introduced in the concluding paragraph. It should leave the audience with a sense of closure and satisfaction when they are done, not questions and a "And so...?" feeling.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / effective way of writing an essay