'The emphasis on "practical benefit" in Williams v Roffey Bros Nicholls

1s2a3s 2 / 4  
'The emphasis on "practical benefit" in Williams v Roffey Bros Nicholls (Contractors) Ltd [1991] 1 QB 1 for defining consideration was a move in the right direction'. Discuss.

Any ideas as to how i could structure this essay?

Thanks guys
EF_Constance - / 143  
What kind of class is this? What are the requirements on the essay?
It is best if you take a shot at it and we will see if we can help improve it. We need something to work with; however, this seems like a question that is specific to your class...
It sounds as if you should start by making a list of the consequences of Williams v. Roffey, so that you know what direction the case moved the law in. Then you could brainstorm reasons why that direction is either good or bad. Then you could post your preliminary findings here, so that we can help you structure the information.
OP 1s2a3s 2 / 4  
Thanks guys...

It's a university contract law coursework question worth 100% of my mark for this module.

I've made good progress since posting the question, and have nearly finished, so i'll post it here when i am to have it given the once over.

Thanks again you guys
Glad to hear you are making progress. I look forward to reading the draft.

Home / Essays / 'The emphasis on "practical benefit" in Williams v Roffey Bros Nicholls