Eng 102 Academic Paper....desperately in need of help

yigster 1 / -  
I have to write an academic paper due to 9 weeks from now and I still didnt choose a topic...anyone with ideas??
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Fortunately, you've got loads of time left! With pretty much all the information you could need being available online, the time it takes to research any topic has been greatly reduced. My suggestion is that you choose a topic which a) interests you (you'll have to live with it for a few weeks, so you might as well not hate it) and b) is easy to find information on. If this is for an English class and you can choose absolutely any topic at all, that can be a bit overwhelming, because there are so many choices. But think about your likes and dislikes. For example, if you like to watch music videos, maybe you could write about the effect of violent language in popular music and whether it has a lasting impact on adolescents. Or you could focus on the history, and rise to popularity of a particular artist (it would need to be someone very famous to find enough information). Maybe you are a chocoholic; you could write about the history of chocolate!

Any subject which has either been around a long time (like chocolate) or is controversial (like the overprescribing of Attention Deficit Disorder drugs) should have loads of articles and books available that you can use as sources. That's the key, really: make it easy on yourself by choosing something that is not so obscure that you can't find out about it.

I hope this helps get you started!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / Eng 102 Academic Paper....desperately in need of help