English ( Exemplification Essay ) - no clue where to start

YourAfricanKB 1 / -  
I got an assignment for my english class i have to write and Exemplification , describing hypothetical instances in which i might consider telling a lie . but i have no clue where to start i have no examples and i have no clue what kind of essay is exemplification HELPPP PLEASEEEEEEE
krys10x 1 / 5  
To exemplify means to describe a prime example in deep color. In what instance would you absolutely lie? To protect yourself, to protect others, to gain something?

The first thing I would to do is examine what your motives are. (yourself/others/monetary gain/etc)
After that, think about what makes you uncomfortable. This should yield ideas to situations in which you might lie. The key here is also in the prompt, hypothetical.

You can write about literally anything. This essay does not rely on personal experience, which is usually a challenge for most, myself included. It can range anywhere from a life-or-death standoff to mundane homework assignment.

Be sure to really describe the situation fully. What about it really shows why you would lie? I suppose don't actually get hung up on describing it, but rather focus on how it illustrates your point.

Good luck!

Home / Essays / English ( Exemplification Essay ) - no clue where to start