An environment in which I grew up - could I write about my education and school?

amzdh 1 / 1 1  
What was the environment in which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood, or ...

This is the ApplyTexas essay topic one.
I really don't know what to write about my family, so I wonder if I could write about my education and school?
Is that included by "community"?
Thank you!
Yes, the community comprises your school, classmates, friends, organizations you volunteer to work with, and relatives. Normally for this type of essay, it is best to discuss an environment that you are very familiar with and that really has an influence on your development as a person. The usual choices for discussion range from both your parents or one of your parents whom you wish to emulate in life, your grandparents, siblings, of best friend. Any of these people truly have a direct influence on the character traits that you develop over time so they are usually the best options to discuss in this essay. As for the school, that is normally related to teachers, mentors, or anybody who works within the school system. You after school activities and where you spend the time also count as part of your community. For example, if you spend your time after school participating in the local swim team, then you can discuss how you learned about team spirit and team work from them. The communities you can discuss in this essay are only limited by your social exposure. I am sure you will find the best choice for you to discuss in your essay.
OP amzdh 1 / 1 1  
Thank you very much!

Home / Essays / An environment in which I grew up - could I write about my education and school?