Environmental / Genetic Modification Concerns - help on thesis statement

ritegood 1 / -  
i have been assigned the topic "environmental concerns : ozone depletion and global warming"

for research essay. now i m confused how to establish a thesis statment . can anyone help

me?

thanks
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Your thesis statement will need to take a position of some sort; the rest of the paper will then support that position. For example, you could say: "Concern over the environment has grown from a few voices on the fringe, who were considered by most to be alarmists, to a centrist position shared by many. The time has come when the world cannot afford to ignore environmental threats such as ozone depletion and global warming." There are many ways you could say this; you could also take a different position. You could focus on the United States, or talk about what other countries are doing to address environmental concerns. With a broad topic like this, you'll need to narrow it down a bit. You could, for example, contrast what European countries are doing to protect the environment with what the U.S. is doing. Europeans are, in general, considered more "green" than Americans have traditionally been. (A recent trip to Ireland confirmed this--good luck finding paper towels in a public restroom!)

I hope this gives you some ideas to get started!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
acp - / 1  
Help with a thesis on environmental implications of genetically modified organisms

The topic is environmental implications of genetically modified organisms. After doing research I found that there are many positive as well as negative impacts on the environment. I would like to make my essay about the pros and cons of genetically modified organisms without making it sound too indecisive. I need help thinking of a solid thesis that will set the tone for the rest of the essay.
sandeepyadav02 - / 1  
Pros: Gene Modification can be a potential solution to the problems arising due to soaring temperatures because of global warming.The GM can help in acclimatizing to the hotter conditions.

CONS: GM is too new and little researched to bring in any use.
GM is a big threat to eco system.

Home / Essays / Environmental / Genetic Modification Concerns - help on thesis statement