"Fashion fades but style is eternal" - My Descriptive Essay

Lovely_Pauline 1 / -  
Please tell me if this is correct, if this is a descriptive essay. :)

"Fashion fades but style is eternal." -Yves Saint Laurent

I believe that this quote expresses who I am and what I believe in because fashion is my real passion. I always thought that blending in was the most perfect solution to survive high school life, but I was wrong. Because of this quote I learned that standing out and being unique is a vital to survive and even enjoy high school. I'm Pauline Gabrielle Arcenas Frayco by the way. I'm a sophomore at Mater Ecclesiae School here in Laguna, Philippines. I would tell you about my strong and weak points, about my goals, etc... but that would be boring. I'd rather tell you about a moment in my life where I never felt stronger. It happened when I was still in 6th grade, A guy who was very hot-headed got into a fight with me and he threw his fist up my lip. My lower lip bled so hard, I immediately reported it to my parents. And by the end of our school year, I won. I got him kicked out from our school and he can't ever enroll at our school ever again. That was when I first had that slight sense of fulfillment run through my veins. I was overjoyed; it's a feeling that you'll have to experience yourself to understand.

I can't assure that I won't make any mistakes but I can prove that I'm better than the rest. My weakest links may add up on me like; Mathematics & Filipino, but I'll always have a rebound. I don't know why, but English is what I'm really good at. They say I have perfect grammar; I often correct those who commit very small grammatical errors. And I try to help them transpose sentences from Tagalog to English because, most of the time, I have them translate sentences from English to Tagalog for me. It's like a win-win situation. I started studying in this school at the age of 4. I was in Nursery then. I ranked third in our batch when I was in Kinder. And I was a consistent class honor student up until I was a freshman. I was still coping and adjusting to my surroundings then. And at last, I ranked 9 out of 31 this year.

Modeling is not just my hobby, it's my passion. It's my goal. It makes me strive for success. Because when I grow up, I want to be an international model. I want to do ramp modeling, commercial modeling, editorial modeling and couture modeling. I started doing photo shoots early this year. I only released 9 photos but it gained a lot of likes on Facebook. I really appreciate their support because it is what I am passionate about and they appreciate it. My mom told me that this summer, she would make my dreams come true. She told me that I had the perfect look, the perfect height, the perfect figure and the right amount of knowledge to model and be successful while doing it. That's what makes my ambition to reach my goal stronger.

Without ambitions to strive student to success, then what is to be the future of human race? Ambitions, dreams, goals and passions makes teenagers like me strive to have and live a successful and meaningful life because for us, accomplishing and reaching our goals gives us a feel a sense of accomplishment, for, a wise man once said, "Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in."
waldo01 6 / 19  
Hi,

I loved it but in my opinion i find the first and second paragraph irrelevant to your point you talk about punching this guys and the second talks about fixing grammatical errors which has nothing to do with the fashion. Try explaining your quote a bit more and talk more fashion. Also, can u please edit mine on the ballad of sad cafe

Home / Essays / "Fashion fades but style is eternal" - My Descriptive Essay