What I want to do
1. State history of feminism
2. Explain how feminism does not only involve females
3. State how the novel relates to feminism/gender equality for both sexes
- My introduction doesn't flow nicely.
- Need a better thesis than "This essay will analyze the novel using the feminist literary criticism"
In a male dominated world, females experience social, economic, and political disadvantages that limit their full potential. Throughout history, Females have always been striving for equality with Males. However, it was not until the late 1800s that the word "Feminism" appeared and really initiated the movement of gender equality. The word that is supposed to represent gender equality derives from the word feminine, ironic is it not? Gender equality includes both male and female. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini takes place in Afghanistan, a country devastated by civil war and shifts in leadership. In addition, the culture supports male dominance. This essay will analyze the novel using the feminist literary criticism.