Film Essay - Techniques / Significant event (how to answer the question?)

sahilcc7 1 / -  
Hi, I am stuck writing a film essay for an exam, help would be great!

Question 1 : Describe 2 production techniques used. Explain how each technique makes the text worthwhile to watch.
Question 2 : Describe a significant event. Explain how visual and/or verbal features were used to reveal the importance of this event.

Film: Invictus

What exactly do I need to do to answer the question?

Thanks!
NickN - / 2  
Hi there,

I can't really answer your first question, as I don't know much about film techniques.

But as for your second question, it sounds like you need to talk about how visual or audio cues accented a particular scene.

I'll give you a general example, as I've not seen Invictus. Weather is a visual cue. In most stories, when there's rain, something bad happens. Conversely, when it's spring, good stuff happens, because spring indicates new life, blooming, and a fresh start.

Take note of the setting in which something happens. Ask yourself, "Why here? What is the significance?"

Again, this may not directly apply to the film you're writing about. But make note of the visual aspects of significant scenes. Because odds are, those visuals are impacting the story on a deeper level.

-Nick Nordstrom

Home / Essays / Film Essay - Techniques / Significant event (how to answer the question?)