Finding a research problem for a research paper - Assignment

hammad76 1 / 1  
Hello to everyone,
I was given this assignment in my 'Research Methods' class that find a research problem and make a research paper for that research problem of at least 1 page. Someone please help me on this because this was my second class of this course and I have no idea about this can anyone guide me on this ...
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
What did you learn about research methods so far in the course? Consult your class notes and the assigned readings so far. You teacher wants you to apply that knowledge by coming up with a problem and saying how that problem could be researched. If it is only the second day in the class, a complete and complex research design probably is not required. The teacher just wants to see that you have mastered the material so far.

Perhaps if you summarized what the course has covered so far and also told us what kind of research we are talking about -- social science? natural science? -- we could be more helpful.
OP hammad76 1 / 1  
hi simone , the research is about social science...teacher said that take a research problem and give a research paper of at least 1 page ... now the thing is i have no knowledge about a research paper what it is and how it is written and i don't have much time because i have to submit this assignment tomorrow...otherwise i will lose 5 marks.
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  
Write briefly about the differences between Psychology and Sociology.

There should be quotes available from credible sources.

One page isn't enough to withstand a wayward draft of air, so I can't imagine why you are concerned.

"Differences Between Psychology and Sociology"

Search those terms and get your sources together. Then, write your page.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
The course is research methods in social science. So, what your teacher wants is for you do start thinking through the process of researching a social science question. So, think about a question you have in the field of psychology, sociology, or anthropology. Then, consulting the readings and class notes from the course so far -- be sure to do the readings and get notes from a classmate for any classes you missed -- come up with a way that a social scientist might research that question. Write up the question and your proposal for how it could be researched.

That's my best guess for what is wanted from you, given what I know about the kinds of exercises usually assigned by research methods instructors. If you want to give us the exact words of the assignment, we might be able to be even more useful.
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  
Hmmm, I misinterpreted the assignment instructions.

Research methods are varied in the social sciences. Consult your notes and decide which method would be particularly effective, helping to elucidate some things about your area of interest. For example a survey; then I guess, go through the methodology and explain everything.

Specific instructions don't hurt.
Yes, the instructions you gave make little sense. I can't imagine that your teacher wants a one page research paper -- you just wouldn't have space enough to analyze research on just about any topic in so short a space. Simone's guess that your teacher has actually asked you for a proposal makes a lot more sense, but it would be nice to have the exact wording to work with.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Yes, I'm assuming this is either an exercise in applying course material to the real world or the first stage of a multi-part assignment. But, as Sean says, it would be good to know the exact wording.
praxy mubanga - / 1  
Special Education Research Proposal Assignment

'Using a special Education topic,write a short Proposal focussing on the introduction and the methodology'
need help with topic.please help me out what topics i can write on.
something 23 / 52 5  
how integration between technology and tradition study could improve quality education.
there are many topics about this integration on the internet that could help you to write.

I'm not sure if this could help.

Home / Essays / Finding a research problem for a research paper - Assignment