"Gender Discrimination is no longer a major issue"

azureray 1 / -  
Hi guys!!!!! Really have no idea with this topic!!!
I mean, I know the negative examples of gender discriminations in many countries, but how about the positive one?
Could anyone explain what does "major issue" mean? does it just mean important? Is there any example in the world suggesting that gender discrimination is no longer important???

THx! Really appreciated!!!!!
septem1821 3 / 24 7  
night duty jobs like call centre jobs or security guard jobs which are not suitable for females due to their various concerns such as taking care of children and it even question about their safely. Likewise, females do receptionist jobs efficiently due to their kind and polite mannerisms which is the crucial factor in such jobs. In physically demanded jobs like mechanical works or in agricultural fields, it is better not to give opportunities for females due to their feminine characteristics.

I hope this helps. I am not good at English because I am a learner. Sorry, if it is not in accordance with your question.

Well, your topic suggests that you need to contrast the gender discrimination in past and present eras. This comparison will help you justify that it is no longer a major issue. Here, what it means by a "major" is , in my view, that it is no more very detrimental factor to the weaker sex. For example, women were deprived of receiving education in the past ( at least in some countries), but it is not so now. Also, the cast discrimination prevailed at its heights in India in previous generations, but today it is diluted to a great extent.

Home / Essays / "Gender Discrimination is no longer a major issue"