Gender Role in the new times - Essay start help

Revoltec 2 / 8  
Hey I need help on how to start an essay. My task is to write an essay in response to the question:

"Times have changed; gender roles are no longer clearly defined."

Please give me some tips on how to start and what to put in the essay because i really suck at writing essays.

And it has to be 1000~1500 words *SO LONG >:(*

Thanks for any help
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Hi,
Introduction
the topic is not too hard and many psychologists and sociologists have focused on this issue through last few years. U should open the introduction with a motivator. The motivator can be a historical event or the roles of men and women in society changing. People love the history because it is something like story. Or u can open the first paragraph with a personal experience. Statistic is another option. Talk about the the number of men and women who work today and compare it with last centuries.

Then u need to writ a thesis statement. What are you going to discuss in the essay? What is the main idea of the essay? answer these questions as a thesis statement in the introduction.

The next step is a blueprint. Write a sentence to connect the introduction to the body. What issues are you going to argue in the body? the answer of this question is a blueprint. It can be the role of gender in political, social, and psychological issues.

Body :(explain the issues that u mentioned as blueprint. For example: in the first paragraph write how men and women contribute to political problems. In the nex paragraph write about civic roles of men and women, and so on.

Conclusion : Reword the introduction and briefly state the main points that u discussed throughout the essay. , then write a clincher.

Regards
Ahmad
OP Revoltec 2 / 8  
Can you please suggest me an historical event
OP Revoltec 2 / 8  
Like if i do WW2 do i start my introduction like

During World War 2 ...
OP Revoltec 2 / 8  
I really suck at writing so im kinda asking simple questions
erinoneillxo 1 / 2  
I would refer to how women were treated in society and how the view has changed.

hope that helps!
ana_p 27 / 81  
Hi,

This is really very good topic to write essay. You can write it, just start your essay as Ahmad suggested. If still you are unable to, I would like to suggest you that read some other essay on forum so that you can get some ideas about how to write introduction.

Hope this helps:)

Good Luck!!

Ana.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Hi,
I found some websites that u can find very good ideas in each of them.

goddesswithin.com.au/documents/ChangingRoleOfWomen.pdf

bookrags.com/essay-2005/5/23/231755/036

wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_role_of_woman_in_the_past

Home / Essays / Gender Role in the new times - Essay start help