Going to college as an adult - Narrative (A significant event that changed your life)

dchris 1 / -  
Ok...I am 32 and have recently started college. This is my first writing assignment and I am totally lost. I know what I want to write about but can't get it out on paper or in words. My significant event I want to tell about is how the choice to go to college as an adult changed me.

Thanks for any input.
Success2 - / 2  
First off, you should try writing what is on your mind. In other words get your thoughts out of your head and on paper. This is going to be your rough draft. At any point in time you can change your topic. However you have your topic. Your topic is a second chance at the college experience. You should first come up with a thesis statement. Why are you going to college? Then support why you have decided to go back to college with a few details (perhaps 3). Next go on to expalin the first reason that made you decide to return to college. Do this for your next paragraphs also. Your conclusion should support you thesis statement bringing it all together. Remember the reader should not have to make assumptions about what you are trying to convey. My point is this, BE CLEAR!!!

I hoped that this helped you.
Good luck
Hi there,

Isn't it weird to be 32 and feel like you are older than college age? That whole 20-something experience slips past us quickly. Anyway, college is about intellect and skill, not about being a kid. You are in a better position than the kids; you might not think so, but it's true!

Anyway, get focused on your purpose. Going to college is not your purpose. Your purpose is the field you are entering. I assume you have a major in mind!

:-)

So... as you write the narrative (a story), write it in a way that conveys your vision for the future.
DeadEcstasyRose - / 1  
How to write a piece on a pivotal point in my life?

I need to do an essay on a pivotal point in my life and write it in a first person yet all my stories are in third person. I really don't know how to start this off or any pivotal moments in my life that are school appropriate.
NeonGhost 5 / 20  
I didn't write about any pivotal points, who said that they had to be pivotal? The best essays are some simple and everyday happenings that the author turns into a deep interpersonal work.

My advice: every day, sit down at night and write a paragraph. If it's good, you'll do more than a paragraph. Then your can turn one of those paragraphs into an essay or combine them

Home / Essays / Going to college as an adult - Narrative (A significant event that changed your life)