"Growing up and self-improvement" essay - how can i write a topic?

nuocmatcuada 3 / 2  
hello
i am glad to see you again.
sir i have a question but i do not understand it.could you help me to explain it?
my question about:"What do you think of growing up and self-improvement?"
please help me.
thank you very much.
i look forward to hearing from you.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
I believe the question is asking you for your opinions on self-improvement in the process of growing older. Do people automatically improve as they grow up or must they make some effort to improve themselves? What can people do to ensure that they improve as they grow older?
You might also look at how you would define growing up, and what role self-improvement plays in that process, or on how one might improve oneself as one grows up (regardless of whether the two have to be linked). The phrasing of the question allows you to write on pretty much any aspect of the topic, so long as you can work both growing up and self-improvement into your response.
carladguez 3 / 9  
You could approach the topic in causality way (self improve is a consequence of growing up, or growing up is a consequence of self improvement), or a correlated way (self improvement and growing up are related, but by a different factor).

It might help you approach the topic with a different perspective.
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  
Ahhhhh, let's get this started.

"What do you think of growing up and self-improvement?"

It would help to know what kind of class you are writing this for.

That's vital context which would allow me to respond as relevantly possible.

The question is asking you for your personal opinion (what do you think); I tend to excel at assignments like these which ask for nothing more than what you have to contribute as a unique person.

First of all, the question as is, contracts a lot of ambiguity.

"Growing up" could be the physiological process, or the concept that you "grow" in your attitudes, through life experiences, by making some subjective progress.

When you say "growing up" *AND* "self-improvement", I have to favor the second schema, and forget about growing as a biological process, altogether.

Should you find that you want to introduce the double-meaning of "growing up" intentionally, just make sure first that you are confident you can intermingle them cohesively, with a poignant message.

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------

lol, I feel that I'm about to write this essay myself if I don't exercise restraint.

Anyway, here are some ideas, each of which could spawn a page easily:

- Is there any validity to the concept of "self-improvement"; if so, who determines it?

- Some people hold the idea of "self-improvement" very dear, while others eschew or show apathy for it.

- Is it possible to "grow" as a conscience at an accelerated rate, or is it just something that comes with age; as you grow [older] and gain "wisdom?"

- Is self-improvement deterministic; will some people experience it, and others not, or is there a free will in it?
rolandj727 3 / 7  
Mustafa1991 ideas are very good and interesting, but they seem complex. If you don't think you can do a good job on one of them you might consider simpler topic. Here are three topics that I think would work for you.

+ I worked to improve my English during the whole period I was in high school because I knew it would be important for getting accepted to college. Self-improvement was an important skill for me

+ I can never remember appointment dates or times so it was necessary for me to under take a self improvement program as I went through college. I had to have this skill to be successful in college and in my career.

+ I think that self-improvement is a great trait that is import all through life. I think that many people do only some are more successful than others
If you have actually tried writing the essay, you might want to post a draft here for more feedback. Just a thought.

Home / Essays / "Growing up and self-improvement" essay - how can i write a topic?