I need help on an argumentative essay, on reality television

vlach7 3 / 2  
and its perception of our generation, does anyone have any leads I can start on, because im not thrilled at all about his, and I cant come up with anything, I need a good thesis statement to start my outline. Can anyone help me out?
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good evening.

Well, to start off with, you need to have an opinion on this issue. How do you feel about reality shows and how they make individuals your age look? Are there stereotypes that you feel are exaggerated or depended upon to make the shows work? Do you feel they accurately reflect your generation? Are they really "reality"?

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP vlach7 3 / 2  
well my opinion is well against reality tv, and it does influence our generation to a bad extent, I just need a lead to get me ahead, I need a nice solid easy narrowed down thesis statement, and i cant think of anything, since I don't care much for the topic.
OP vlach7 3 / 2  
Ive come up with this thesis statement, Ive narrowed it down
Reality television is here to stay because it targets the audience of generation Y.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning.

Well, that's a good start, but it's too short and thus too broad. You need to state your opinion on the subject in your thesis. How about something like "Reality television is here to stay. It influences our generation in a negative manner, which it specifically targets, but the generation Y audience will watch because..."

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / I need help on an argumentative essay, on reality television