(Help finding topic) - Personal Essay 2 Choose an issue of importance to you

jmike 2 / 4  
The prompt is: Choose an issue of importance to you- the issue could be personal, school related, local, political, or international in scope- and write an essay in which you explain the significance of that issue to yourself, your family, your community, or your generation.

First problems I have is coming up with a issue of importance.

I dont want to choose ones that everyone else will, like global warming and fossil fuels. I am thinking about writing about the cancelation of the constellation program (NASA) But I am finding that a little hard.

Next problem is how to you explain this to yourself, your family, your community, or your generation? Do you just write it like a normal essay or do you write it some special way.

Thanks so much and thanks for the help in advance!
crada 2 / 6  
Well why do you want to write about NASA. Instead of choosing a random topic do one with importance that impacts your real life.
Examples - it really depends - tell me who you are, your background and interests and what major your thinking of, than I can tell you what I think!

A cool and different idea if you are thinking of doing an issue like NASA or global warming...idk if you want to be this creative but for the second part you can write a letter to the future generation or our generation or maybe even aliens ...IDK something creative is better than a regular essay..trust me

im here for you answers
OP jmike 2 / 4  
Well I honestly do care about NASA. I have even gone to launches, but I just find it hard to to write about. Anyway I am hoping to go into the RTF program at UT its the film school. Honestly I have been trying to come up with an idea for days, but I cant.
crada 2 / 6  
NASA direction- start off with like a launch and describe your experience in a sentimental and nostalgic way- be as descriptive as possible - than you can say its a travesty that they will take this experience away from people- and go into like actual specific details why its bad

Film route- you could talk about various things...the writers strike and the importance of writing and this can be observed by the generational waves of redone movies or sequels when new ideas are hard to come by ie spiderman or horrible remakes

- to communicate it to the readers bring them into the environment for NASA bring them to a launch and why its amzing for the film bring them to a movie theater to a masterpiece or a crappy remake - express your passion and why you love film ...passion/love is a universal language to communicate

-how are those- ill try to come up if you still dont like them
OP jmike 2 / 4  
Thats really good. I never even really though about the film strike and all of that. Thanks so much for the help!

Home / Essays / (Help finding topic) - Personal Essay 2 Choose an issue of importance to you