I need help formatting a paper

TLukowski 1 / 1  
I have written many APA formatted papers but my instructor is requiring that an interview be added in this paper. I am a very "mature" student and to be honest, I have forgotten more than I thought I had. This is how my paper has to be formatted: 1. Introduction of religion 2. Name, location and review of the site of interview. 3. Interview summary 4. Comparing and contrasting with another religion 5. Conclusion 6. References. In the introduction, should I try to put in as much about the religion as I possibly can I know I have to put in a brief description of the person I have interviewed but should I work his answers back toward my brief description? PLEASE HELP.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

A common mistake I see is students trying to cram too much into an introduction. The purpose of the introduction is to tell the reader, in general, what your paper is about. You only want to hit the major points. I'm not sure exactly what the slant of your paper is supposed to be, but for example: "Christianity is a 2000-year-old monotheistic religion which incorporates a holy trinity comprised of the God/Father figure, Son/Savior, and Holy Spirit, with a Mother/Virgin aspect providing a stronger influence in some denominations than others."

Depending on what your instructor told you about using or not using first person, you might then go on in the same paragraph to say "I conducted an interview with Father R., a Catholic priest in the XYZ Archdiocese, to obtain his views on the role of the Church in the modern world, " etc. You might want to include the extra information ("as much as I possibly can" type stuff) in the section which compares and contrasts with another religion.

I hope this helps get you started!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP TLukowski 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for helping. I was going to make the mistake in using too much in the introduction. Thank you.

Home / Essays / I need help formatting a paper