Help on HSB4M-A ILC Unit 1 Lesson 2

BlueElephant93 1 / 1  
i read these articles about 9/11 then the question says Choose a field of social science (sociology, psychology or anthropology), suggest methods of research to conduct a study to find the reasons the differences of opinion in these excerpts about the terrorist attacks" and i wasnt sure which one to pick.

My boyfriend says pick sociology then he said how people develop within a society and how it affects their views on events like this someone who was brought up to be skeptical and aware would probably be a conspiracy advocate, etc.

But I'm really unsure of how to start it off and I am really lost and confused of how to even go about answering this question.

Any suggestions, or help ? :(
OP BlueElephant93 1 / 1  
What I got so far is this. I don't know if its what I am suppose to do but this is what I got.

One method of research that could be conducted by looking at it in a sociology perspective would be to do a case study. By investigating the development, functions and structure of a small group of individual it helps us get one step closer to understanding the difference between selected individuals from different groups. Another method of research that would serve a great purpose to finding the reasons for difference in opinion would be cross-cultural research. In order to understand different individuals opinions you must look into their values, attitudes, customs, etc you will understand the knowledge of others cultures and societies.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
I think you are on the right track.
reasons that there are differences of opinion in these excerpts about the terrorist attacks
I will assume that the articles included these reasons: probably because people come from different backgrounds, and use different beliefs to explain why such a terrible disaster could happen. Some people may blame god, some may blame terrorists, some may blame the world economy, some may blame the american government. So, I suppose that if you select a study group, you could poll them, find out their reasons, then examine their basis for their viewpoints. Maybe you could compare them by age group: meaning younger people may skew towards believing that the government set up the attacks, while older people see it as an act of terrorism, as it has been reported. You could compare their religious beliefs, a Muslim my see it very differently than a catholic. Maybe you could compare them by profession, socioeconomic status, ethnic background... There are a lot of aspects that you could compare. Good luck, and if you have anything more written, you can post it here, there are many of us that are happy to help :)

Home / Essays / Help on HSB4M-A ILC Unit 1 Lesson 2