HELP on Persuasive essay about the music industry

Kmullaney13 1 / 1  
I have to write a persuasive essay about anything I desire and I chose the music industry since that's what I'm going to go to school for next year, but I haven't a clue how to start it off. I mostly need help with coming up with the thesis statement. Any suggestions would be lovely. Thank you.
jkjeremy - / 380 72  
Your thesis is the main idea of your essay. It's the big thing that you're proving throughout the remainder of your essay.

For starters, you'd have to narrow your topic a WHOLE lot.

You might argue that _________ is the most influential band or artist of the 1990's.

You might argue that the quality of modern popular music is underrated.

Even these ideas of mine are a little broad for a superior essay.

Congratulations for not choosing guns, abortion, or bullying!
OP Kmullaney13 1 / 1  
Hahah thanks. I'm leaning more toward why the music industry is slowly dying and how it is better to buy music and support the artist rather then downloading it.
jkjeremy - / 380 72  
why the music industry is slowly dying and how it is better to buy music and support the artist rather then downloading it

This is more like it, but you now have two arguments.

Given the choice, I'd prefer to read about the first one.
Kathleen - / 1  
Persuasive Music Essay Thesis

Hello Everyone!
I'm writing a persuasive music essay, and I'm having trouble with getting a truly brilliant thesis... For the essay I have to choose a debatable topic that is specific and easy to follow. I'm also supposed to show pro's and con's in this paper.

Here is the thesis I am thinking of using:
Classical music, though some say it is boring, stimulates the brain making the listener more focused, calm, and opens more creative pathways in the brain.

If there is any wording, ideas, or anything that should/could be fixed I'm very open to hearing about it!
thanks:)
Kitsumi 4 / 97 16  
Well, what is your con? You listed your pros, now state your cons.

Home / Essays / HELP on Persuasive essay about the music industry