Help on picking a research topic related to social justice - it must be controversial.

saphire98 1 / 1  

contentious issue with regard to social justice

hey guys! so I have to pick a research topic that is related to social justice and must be controversial. Since immigration is really being talked about today, I chose that. However, it is hard to stick to a specific aspect ofimmigration. I thought of immigration and connecting it to college education since I am a student and will make it easier for me. I just need to know like how should I start? I hope you guys can give me ideas!! xoxo
ilskyilsky 4 / 9 2  
@saphire98
Hi, It always hard to set a specific reseach topic.

How about this?
"Study on the economic and cultural positive changes of the country that will appear due to immigration"
Pauline, it all depends upon whether you want to turn the discussion into a socio - political discussion or if you just want to discuss the rights of immigrant students. Do you want to discuss the scholarship being given out to illegal immigrant students or undocumented students in relation to the fact that citizen students need to get life long student loans in order to complete college? Where is the social justice in that?

When you say social justice, you need to make a list of the controversial topics regarding college education at the moment, then keep narrowing down that list until you find the topic you are most comfortable discussing and one that you can access materials to. While the topic must be controversial, remember that the way you do your research should not be controversial and your ability to do the research will also depend upon the relevance of the topic to the current college community.

Home / Essays / Help on picking a research topic related to social justice - it must be controversial.