I need help to get started on a "how to essay" about what teachers write

restlessmema 1 / -  
I am having a hard time getting started with a catchy title and an opening paragraph. Also, in my research there is no information on the subject. I can only find articles on teaching writing not writing as a teacher.

Thanks for any help!
Tammy
Thaliak - / 16  
If you're having trouble coming up with a title and an introductory paragraph, consider outlining or writing the rest of the essay first. In the process, you should start to understand what you want to say, which will make choosing an appropriate title and writing the introduction much, much easier.

If you can't find any research on the writing teachers do, think about what you've seen them do and look for general research on that topic. For example, you have probably seen or heard of teachers writing syllabuses to tell students what will happen when, writing letters to parents to explain what's going on in class or to request field trip funds, and writing notes on students' papers to give them feedback. Perhaps you could find information on writing agendas, schedules or letters in other situations and apply it to teaching. Alternately, you could do research on what makes feedback effective in the classroom or in the workplace, then explain how these guidelines can be applied when grading papers.

Does that help? Do you have any other questions?

Home / Essays / I need help to get started on a "how to essay" about what teachers write