Help writing personal bias paper on Juvenile gang

Erica1220 1 / 2  
Hello I am rough around the edge with writing I have not been to school in over 20years, and I have my first paper to write personal bias on Juvenile gang and I am not sure how to start to write a bias paper on the intro of the paper. I appreciate any help not sure if I understand what to write on bias??
EricJ - / 48  
Hi Erica,

Can you explain the assignment a little better? What is the instructor asking you to do? What kind of bias are you looking for?

Eric
OP Erica1220 1 / 2  
Hey Eric A 5 page paper on your personal bias, 1 page describing the bias, 2 pages on where it came from, and 2 pages on what you've done or will do to become more open. ( This is a Mental Health/Chemical Dependency) so we have to address addiction in this population). I hope this help because i need help not sure how i should even struture this, for sub categories and ect...

Thanks Eric
Hey Erica, I'm so sorry you did not get any help! It was a busy month in January...
I hope the paper went well, and I hope you give us another chance to be useful to you as you continue your class.

When you have a project like this, start by reading a relevant article. It will give you ideas and inspiration, and then you can type up a little paragraph about it and quote it. Doing that, you will get maybe a few paragraphs.

But after you have read something... for this project... you need to come up with some MAIN IDEA to share with the reader. How can you answer in a single sentence? What bias have you had about young gang members?

So... step one... read something.
Step two... succinctly write a basic idea that is the purpose of the whole paper.. an idea to share with the reader.

Maybe that seems too simple, but if you have not been in school for a long time the hardest part sometimes is "beginning to do the work." Begin by reading an article you enjoy.

Try to enjoy the writing, too!! :-)
OP Erica1220 1 / 2  
Thanks for the help

Home / Essays / Help writing personal bias paper on Juvenile gang