Hi I need some help writing a Chronicles of Narnia Essay

laci211 1 / -  
Hi this is my thesis statement:

Throughout the series of The Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis uses allegories to symbolize Christianity with its main two elements: courage and faith. Christianity is tied to fantasy and imagination all through the series, which is a skillful way to influence children to be faithful, courageous and to believe in Christianity.

Could anyone please give me any ideas of what to write about?
kevin02720 - / 14  
Greetings,

Your thesis statement is great for capturing the essence of what the series is about. However, in order to write a strong essay you should try to say something original about the series. Can you think of some profound insight that you had while reading it? Did you discover something about Lewis's deepest values and beliefs that other readers might not have noticed? In order to write a truly meaningful paper, you should try to make the reader realize something that s/he did not already know about the series.

Thus, you might want to read some other articles that have been written about the series. See what other writers have argued as their thesis statements, and you will suddenly discover that you have a real opinion about what Lewis meant, why he made decisions that he made, and so forth. To make you suddenly have a great idea about this series is the purpose of the assignment, and when you do suddenly have a great idea about it the essay will practically write itself:

So, try following these steps:

1. Read 3 articles that other people wrote about the series.

2. Write a paragraph for each article, so that you use one paragraph to explain the thesis statements of each of the three writers.

3. Write one more paragraph to compare the three articles about the series.

By that time, you will have more than a page written, and you will be able to see a theme developing in the paper already. Add some quotations from the series in order to support the argument you make.

You might find yourself arguing that C.S. Lewis has a hidden theme that is not so obvious, not so simple.

The answer to your question about "what to write about" will come from your mind. It will be like a chemical reaction that happens when you write a paragraph about three articles that other people have written about the series. At the end, you might find yourself with a whole new thesis statement; I always write the thesis statement last!

At the end of the paper, conclude with a paragraph that is like restating the introductory paragraph in different words. You will have written a paper that could only come as a chemical reaction between Lewis, the three other writers, and you.

Good luck!

Home / Essays / Hi I need some help writing a Chronicles of Narnia Essay