Need help on writing a major essay on Global Warming (Climate Change)

yonman 6 / 47  
I have to write an essay for university regarding global warming.

The problem is in order for it to be a scholarly paper I have to address both sides of the issue which is

1) Global warming is induced by human activity (primarily co2 emissions from fossil fuel burning)

or

2) Global warming is caused by natural phenomena (volcanic activity, how the suns radiation fluctuates ect.)

As you know scientists have taken a stance at both these sides with strong evidence supporting both claims.

My professor wants me to choose the best action but I feel confused because a lot of facts are justified on both sides.

Any help here would be appreciated !

Thanks
danny411 /  
global warming is due to co2 and effects ozone/polar icecaps. but generally effects everything since it changes the ph(make any body or water more acidic--trees leetch them etc)

cars

humans are responsible for the extinction of animals.

conclusion
our plane is slowly being ruined. we have to stop it or we will become extinct
OP yonman 6 / 47  
Thanks for the reply but you didn't address the other issue of natural causes or give advice on why to choose either side.

By the way I think I'm leaning towards anthropogenic influences for the cause of the warming.
ayra_16 2 / 6  
This is a tough one,
I agree both sides have strong facts. Global warming is not due to human activity alone. It has been said that most of the global warming activity over the past 50 years have been due to natural phenomenon.

But what I feel is that though the earth temperature rises each year naturally, pollution and other man made causes are speeding the process. What is supposed to happen in a thousand years is actually going to happen in less than 500 years due to man's activities. For example: there's a bottle with a hole in it and water drops slowly out of it, you take a needle and pierce 10 holes in it, now bottle will empty faster than before right? Either ways, water flows but now it's faster. The same goes for global warming, the earth temperature may rise by a degree or two each year but CFC's are causing ozone layer depletion and the temperature is rising much higher than its supposed to. (just an example) This is just my opinion.

Home / Essays / Need help on writing a major essay on Global Warming (Climate Change)