How will you have impacted Africa in 20 years' time? Essay suggestions.

Promise 5 / 8  
Please who has any suggestion of how I should write this essay. I dont know if to write it as though I had already done it (past tense) or as though I would do it in 20 years ( future tense). please specific examples are needed. I was thinking if I should write it as past eg. I was able to set up a heart foundation or in the future as in I will set up a heart foundation. your help will be appreciated. thanks
pch340 2 / 4  
Well first off, I'm not informed as to what this essay is for, or what your previous accomplishments in regards to 'impacting Africa' have been, but I believe I can provide some insight.

With an essay prompt like this, it is important to avoid boasting about your accomplishments and how they have bettered the welfare of the country. "Impacting" Africa is, in any sense of the term, a daunting and humbling task. Chances are, you have probably not done much to significantly better the continent in your life so far, but that is fine.

You have to incorporate your past accomplishments, regardless of how small they may be, and explain how you would apply the same methodology and tactics for change on a much larger scale, or according to your hopes and future desires.

Whatever you do, always remember to mention and admit that impacting Africa will not be an easy challenge, and there is much work to be done. No matter how solid your plans or ambitions may be, this is a collective effort which is bigger than you or your accomplishments. You want to seem focused, smart, and determined, but never over-confident or arrogant, especially regarding the nature of the prompt.

I'm sorry if this wasn't much help, but maybe if you provide more specifics, I can give you some detailed ideas?
Hi George, you did a great job here! This kind of discourse is exactly what we all need, and I really appreciate the time you spent.

please specific examples are needed. I was thinking if I should write it as past eg. I was able to set up a heart foundation or in the future as in I will set up a heart foundation. your help will be appreciated. thanks

Okay, I want to make this very clear so there is no misunderstanding: Your job is to give a presentation to show the reader what you hope to accomplish, and you can do that any way you want to. You could write it all in the future tense that goes with "will have." For example:

I will have saved countless lives by setting up a nonprofit organization, and my articles will have been published in professional journals.

Or, you can do it all in the present tense as if you are giving an account of one's life work:
I save countless lives by setting up a nonprofit organization, and my articles are published in professional journals.---This way, it sounds like you are reviewing a film... I like it!

Just write it in whatever way it comes out of your brain, and post it here! We'll look at it and give ideas.

:-)
OP Promise 5 / 8  
Please this is the essay. If u think I didn't answer it well please tell me. If you have anything to change or add please do. I am so confused.

It is June 19, 2023. A faint twinge of excitement floats through my body as I watch the red yellow moon disappear into the horizon. The rhythmic crashing of tides at the sea shore steals my attention. I carefully pour down a glass of wine into my mouth as I watch the day's close. I sit on a couch remembering the struggles and the sacrifices that have already been made for the establishment of the first Pan-African scholarship program.

It all started five years after my graduation from University. I had the opportunity to spearhead an NGO's visit to a slum in Kenya. Irritated by the amount of students who after high school graduation move to the farms, we set up a scholarship fund to support the best three students from the local secondary school in any university of their choice. For those that would travel to foreign countries, they are to return to kenya to develop it. After realizing the number of students we have saved from going to the farm by setting up a nonprofit organization, we have decided to expand the program to the rest of the African countries. It will be awarded to the best high school graduate in every country. Due to the problems and cost of setting up an examination in a country, the organization is going to collaborate with national examination bodies like WASSCE. Already we have met many companies so far, although some of them gave us a package of disappointment, we are very optimistic that the expanded scholarship program will be established. Each member of the NGO's board has also contributed $25000 each just to make sure that we prepare the young African generation for the future.
Capitalize Kenya...
Also, maybe you do not need the mention of wine. Some people have bad associations with alcohol, and the detail does not seem related to the theme of the paper.

It is looking good!

Home / Essays / How will you have impacted Africa in 20 years' time? Essay suggestions.