The importance of opening paragraphs of a short story essay, how to start it?

ALice205 1 / 2  
My tutor asked me to write an essay on the importance of opening paragraphs of a short story in preparing the readers to understand the theme, mood, and conflict.Can anyone help me please?

Regards,

Alice
coockie 2 / 3  
I'm not quite sure wat u mean...but if u r about to write only the importance instead of an attractive opening paragraph,then it's much easier...

4 example, a good opening could attract readers and imply the plot
mneale324 4 / 15  
Opening paragraphs are super important. A lousy intro and the reader might stop reading. The style of writing in the opening also can give a preview of the rest of the work. Is it is first person? Is it written casually or formally? It can also set a mood by the language use.
OP ALice205 1 / 2  
Thanks for helping me out.

Regards,

Alice Jones
one essay = one big idea

When you start to write, let that idea be at the forefront of your mind... right between your eyebrows.

:-)

theme, mood, and conflict... these are the key words.
How about a scene that demonstrates the theme? How about describing some scene that brilliantly portrays the message you are trying to send, the truth you want to express?
OP ALice205 1 / 2  
EF_Kevin
Thank you for helping me out.

Regards,

Alice Jones
Toluloperkins - / 1  
Internal Analysis on Amazon - Need a strong opening paragraph

Hi everyone i am writing a report on the internal analysis of Amazon and i need a strong opening paragraph. can any one help me please? thanks
well.... you do your first draft and post it to the forum. For facts, you need to do your own research and find them. May be you can google and find

When you post the draft here, we will help you to improve it by providing our feed backs
However, you need to get it going ; do the draft and post! : )
We are happy to provide our comments : )
methewthomson - / 1  
The Land that Time forgot - Short opening Chapter Writing Tips Needed

Hi,

Please tell me any tips on writing the short opening chapter to any ordinary novel. Such questions come in my AS English exam.

How much story should I tell and how much description should I give in the short opening chapter?
Q. Write the short opening chapter of a novel called The Land that Time forgot. Create a sense of mood and place.

Please provide tips...
yushan 1 / 2 1  
dear methewthomson,

If I were you, I would determine which land is "The Land that Time forgot" and mention a little but meaningful story in the opening. :)

Home / Essays / The importance of opening paragraphs of a short story essay, how to start it?