Including a Chronology in a Term Paper, According to Chicago Style

Glenn900 2 / 3  
I'm working on a term paper for Abraham Lincoln and I would like to include a chronology. The paper does not require a table of contents, title headings, or anything of that nature, but is instead just a single 18-page block of text. I've seen references to chronologies in several Chicago Style handbooks, but I can't seem to find any rules on how to set one up and where to put it. Should I include it as an appendix? If so, would I then be required to have a table of contents?

Thank your for your help!
EF_Constance - / 143  
Check out these websites:

calstatela.edu/library/styleman.htm
liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/workshop/citation.htm
OP Glenn900 2 / 3  
Thanks for the links. Those are useful sites, but I don't think they really address my problem.

I tried searching through all of the Chicago Style books and references that I could find, and I did discover one at my local library that mentioned chronologies. It suggested that a chronology be included as back matter, or within an appendix. Defining the chronology as an appendix seems like the best solution to me, but that raises the question of whether or not I would be required to have a table of contents.

So in that case, let me refrain my question: According to Chicago Style, is it "legal" to include an appendix without a table of contents?
I'm guessing you could just go with the appendix sans chronology, but if you are really worried about it, I'd suggest asking whomever it is you'll be handing the essay in to at the end.

Home / Essays / Including a Chronology in a Term Paper, According to Chicago Style