Industrial Revolution: Business and Politics in the New Urban Order.

joalex7 4 / 13  
I have several essays to write for History, the first one is due May 3oth.
Below are the instructions for the instructor.

The Industrial Revolution: Business and Politics in the New Urban Order. (1) 19-4 Labor Contractors and Italian Immigrants, pp. 72-75; (2) 19-5 George Washington Plunkitt Explains Politics, pp. 76-79. Read the attached articles and compose a one- to two-page analytical essay on the topic by comparing the arguments on both sides of the issue. To help focus your analysis, refer to those questions listed under 'Questions for Reading and Discussion' following each selection.

I have read both articles and I am not sure how to start....this is what I have so far...

The Industrial Revolution was an important period in The United States' history. Industrial Revolution refers to the usage of factories and machines leaving behind home and hand production. It was a period when people was treated based on their politics, culture and social class.
The Industrial Revolution was an important period in The United States' history. Useless sentence. Don't includ sentences that say obvious things.

The "Industrial Revolution" refers to the usage of factories and machines leaving behind home and hand production. It was a period when people was were treated _______ (what do you mean?) based on their politics, culture and social class.

TAKING NOTES: Get all those readings in front of you, and take one at a time. When you get to an important point, write a sentence about it. Soon, you will have a long list of sentences, and you can turn each sentence into a paragraph.

For every sentence on your list, go find an example to support what you are saying. It can be a quotation, a statistic, or any kind of example. Then, write another sentence or two about it, and end tha paragraph.

That is how to write paragraphs easily while you read and take notes. Do not get discouraged! Just keep reading, and keep typing sentences. You can organize the paragraphs later... or just post them here for us to help you!

:-)
OP joalex7 4 / 13  
Wow, Thanks Kevin....

I love the way you explained it....I got it now...
Thanks again

Home / Essays / Industrial Revolution: Business and Politics in the New Urban Order.