The influence of psychology and psychoanalytic on the field of social work?

bebemala 1 / 3  
Need help in this topic: The influence of psychology and psychoanalytic on the field of social work?
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

This topic is one that there is much research and literature out there on. You can begin your research by doing an internet keyword search using "psychology" and "social work"; you can also search for "use of psychoanalysis in the field of social work". This will give you an idea of what has already been published on the topic.

You can also consult your academic advisor or media center specialist and they can assist you in gaining access to peer reviewed and professional journals through your institution. Access to many periodicals on this topic is restricted and can only be obtained through an academic institutiton or at a high cost (not always an option).

Good luck!

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP bebemala 1 / 3  
Ever wonder is the influence of psychoanalysis and psychology on the field of social work? Well, I'm going to focuses on how psychoanalysis and psychology influenced social work and what are the consequences.

I think the influence of Psychology in Social work is that psychology is the scientific study of mental processes and behavior and also refers to the application of such knowledge to various spheres of human activity, including issues related to daily life (e.g. family, education, and work) and the treatment of mental health problems. Therefore, Social workers are concerned with social problems, their causes, their solutions and their human impacts and improve to the human condition and positively change society's response to chronic problems.

Psychoanalysis is a body of ideas developed by Sigmund Freud with the purpose to the study of human psychological functioning and behavior. It has three applications: a method of investigation of the mind; a systematized set of theories about human behavior; and a method of treatment of psychological or emotional illness.

Ego, in psychoanalysis, term denoting the central part of the personality structure that deals with reality and is influenced by social forces. The ego constitutes one of the three basic provinces of the mind, the other two being the id and the superego. Formation of the ego begins at birth in the first encounters with the external world of people and things. The ego learns to modify behavior by controlling those impulses that are socially unacceptable. Its role is that of mediator between unconscious impulses and acquired social. According to Freud, the id is the source of all psychic energy, making it the primary component of personality. The id is driven by the pleasure principle, which strives for immediate gratification of all desires, wants, and needs. The last component of personality to develop is the superego. The superego is the aspect of personality that holds all of our internalized moral standards and ideals that we acquire from both parents and society, our sense of right and wrong.

In conclusion the branch of psychology deals with the behavior of groups and the influence of social factors on the individual and social worker try to find solution to their problems. The practice of social work requires knowledge of human development and behavior, so somehow the influence of psychology help social workers to understand human behavior. In social work, psychoanalysis is conducted by an experienced and skilled social worker that treats those experiencing disturbances in affect, thought, and behavior. Some social workers work as psychotherapists, counselors, or mental health practitioners, often working in collaboration with psychologists, or other medical professionals.

What you Think? please give me feedback...thank you so much...
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Keep your audience in mind when you write a piece such as this one. Your prompt/thesis is very specific, pertaining solely to the use of this psychological practice in a certain field. Therefore, the content should be narrowed and confined to this specific ideology in this specific area. Avoid too much background information, unless your audience is completely unknowledgable about the topic; if they are and you really need to change your thesis to something broader and all-encompassing. If your audience knows much of this basic information, they will quickly become uninterested and more likely to not finish reading your piece. Also, the important information can get lost in the great sea of elementary information, making it hard to find the "point" or the really meaty parts of what you want to discuss.

Home / Essays / The influence of psychology and psychoanalytic on the field of social work?