THE JUNGLE ESSAY #2 - how Sinclair demonizes capitalism?

taeb1n 3 / 8  
In THE JUNGLE Sinclair villanizes capitalism. Write the paper analyzing how Sinclair demonizes capitalism. Analyze such things as the writer techniques he uses as well as the way he creates and manipulates the plot and characters.

help help :)
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning.

Analysis means to look at, or evaluate, how the author demonizes capitalism. Look closely at the writing techniques (metaphor, personification, etc.) that he uses to tell the story as well as create the characters.

I suggest you go through the text and pick out a few examples, to start with, where Sinclair villanizes capitalism. What literary technique does he use to show the criminality of the characters or the way of conducting business? For example, does the unscrupulous and conniving way the landlords and real estate agents sell and let out the homes for the packing workers show the bad character of Sinclair's version of capitalism in this piece?

I hope this helps you get started.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP taeb1n 3 / 8  
u are the greatest help in my life ;)
OP taeb1n 3 / 8  
to ur response...
was this in the beginning of the book when jurgis and ona bought the home and had to check again with another lawyer because jurgis thought they got ripped off?
OP taeb1n 3 / 8  
thank you very kamsah :)

Home / Essays / THE JUNGLE ESSAY #2 - how Sinclair demonizes capitalism?