I like anime related things ; Leisure activity

sailorjupiter 2 / 6  
Hey, I'm brainstorming..and I'm contemplating about writing about how I like anime related things like..I'm going to talk about anime, manga, jpop, yaoi,shoujo, bishies in my intro.. Is this topic appropriate...? ORR..should I play safe and pick the violin instead...?...
mgabir 6 / 2 1  
You should definitely stick with fan fiction if you can elaborate more because it is an essay to say who you are. Hope it helps!

Can you help out on mine as well. Thank you!
vallh6018 1 / 8 1  
Do not write about or even include anything about yaoi,shoujo, bishies. It's really inappropriate for a college essay or any professional representation of yourself, because the content tends to be really sexual. It would make the reader feel instantly uncomfortable (especially if they have to google search "yaoi"). Feel free to write about anime or manga though as long as you can relate it to the prompt and make it relevant to your positive traits. For example, I'm writing an essay about how Pokemon/Ash Ketchum got me into art at a young age which has been a really significant influence on me as a person. I can then relate that to my dedication and other positive traits (spent hours drawing and painting, made sure there was room in my school schedule for at least 1 art class, classes taken outside, research on artist in my free time, self-expression, my own narrative, etc.).

Writing about the violin could also work, but you have to make sure it show cases your positive traits and gives the reader a good sense of who you are.

Hope that helps!

Home / Essays / I like anime related things ; Leisure activity