Essay over who was really mad in Hamlet!

KLogan25 1 / -  
okay, im writing an essay over who was really mad in hamlet. i said that the king was the one who was truly mad. but i cant figure out how to start it off. Help?
tracylynn2u - / 1  
Sorry - but do you mean the dead king or his replacement? If you're talking about Hamlet's father I completely agree as is evidenced in his encounter with Hamlet. You could maybe begin by referencing that encounter.
JocelynH - / 1  
12th grade, Hamlet Essay! Hamlet vs. Horatio.

Hello!,
For Honors English we are writing an essay on Hamlet and/or Macbeth and we chose our own topics. Mine is: Compare and contrast the characters of Hamlet and Horatio in Shakespeare's Hamlet. I have some main points, I'm just really lost. Your help will be greatly appreciated. The essay is due Monday, December 17th by 11:55pm.
NRessay 2 / 8 2  
Horatio deliberates matters through thoroughly, probably because he is a scholar. Hamlet is more impulsive, but even he, as the plot shows, is quite brilliant. Horatio is not as "in-action" as Hamlet, so he has the time to think things through. Hamlet, being the protagonist, is the center of conflict, so he does not have nearly as much time. You must remember that they are very alike, though, which is why they are best friends.

Home / Essays / Essay over who was really mad in Hamlet!