Medical Laboratory Technology - how to write "Field of specialization studied in the past"

MAY PHOO 1 / -  
Hi, I plan to study M.Sc Medical Microbiology at Mahidol university in Thailand. in the application form, they want "Field of specialization studied in the past" which is in my case Medical Laboratory Technology .what should I write exactly? (they want it to be detailed)I can write what I have learned in my undergraduate course of Medical Laboratory Technology, but is it what they want? how to divide the essay?
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
Hi, I would be glad to assist you. It seems as if you are studying for your master's degree. You should write about Medical Laboratory Technology because it was your field of study.

You need a good opening paragraph that begins to describe why you choose your field of specialization. Then you should describe your achievements. Were you involved in any special projects in which you gained experience? Did you do any research in the field.

I feel that you are in the early stages of developing your essay. You need to write a rough draft to compile your thoughts and write down specific details that you can remember about your field of study. In the rough draft you want to discuss what makes you a student that should be chosen for a master's program.

Here is a broad outline you can follow:
1) Write an opening paragraph that makes the reader interested
2) Discuss the Medical Laboratory Technology and any research or achievements
3) Explain why you are interested in the Medical Microbiology program. Will your Medical Laboratory Technician background relate to this program?
4) Discuss why you chose to apply to this university and how attending this university will help you in your future goals or endeavors

Home / Essays / Medical Laboratory Technology - how to write "Field of specialization studied in the past"