Memo appreciating someone for giving me assistance with my essay

captjunk 2 / 1  
I need to send someone a memo thanking them for feedback on my essay. How would I start and what should I include. A little sample would be very helpful. Thank you in advance. Also, what kind of feedback is good? If I had to send some feedback without sounding rude?
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

A memo generally starts with a heading, like this:

TO:
FROM:
DATE:
SUBJECT:

After that, you would address the purpose of your memo: "I am writing to thank you for providing me with feedback on my essay."

Memos are often used in business to inform employees or members about a particular issue or to request someone's help with something. A "thank you memo" is not something I've run across before. Just keep it short and to the point and very polite, and you should be fine.

Feedback can be tricky, as I well know! You want to point out errors without stomping on someone's feelings. Always find something positive to say. You can soften criticism with phrases like "consider re-writing this sentence..." or "be wary of ..." or "Try to [do this] more..." Put yourself in the reader's place, while remembering that some people are more sensitive than others, so err on the side of caution.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
khuyenbao - / 1  
Usage: thanking in advance

this is a good form for me and other
thank you
I moved this thread to the "grammar" category, just in case it is not about a writing question. I don't know if you are asking how to use the phrase, or if you are saying thanks in advance!

:-)

Anyway, the usage:
"Thank you in advance" is something people say when they are asking for help and want to be very polite. They want the person to know they feel grateful, so they say "thank you" even though the other person has not helped them yet.

Home / Essays / Memo appreciating someone for giving me assistance with my essay