The methods of argumentative essays

cat 6 / 4  
what are the methods for writing argumentative essay?
if any one knows clear steps and methods for writing such type of essay tell me please
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I'm happy to help!

1) Pick a topic which is controversial so that it is "arguable."

2) Decide which side you will argue as your own, and state it in your thesis.For example: "A constitutional amendment to make English the official language of the United States is a flagrant attempt to discriminate against illegal immigrants which infringes on the rights of legal immigrants as well."

3) Back up your position with evidence, including, if possible, articles from scholarly journals, statistics, testimony, etc. Include a history of the issue; how did it arise? What has been done about it in the past?

4) Do not ignore the arguments against your position; present them, but then point out why they are not supported by the evidence.

5) Conclude by summarizing with a restatement of your thesis in slightly different wording, and the main points which support your thesis.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
july - / 1  
[Moved from]: Argumentative Essay Guildance (lost in my own words)

I am lost in my own words, I am not sure my paragraphs are flowing correctly for an argumentative paper! It is my first one! I do not have much time before the final is due, one week. I have my rough draft and need someone to look at my paragraphs and help me out with the flow and perhaps make changes or anything! I need this grade in this class. Please help
So, why not post your rough draft here, so that we can help you as you have asked?
Hi, argumentative papers are great if they state a strong case, give several pieces of good evidence, tell why the evidence is important, tell why we should care, and then acknowledge the argument that would be made AGAINST your argument (counter-argument) and refute it.

Keep the reader's attention with powerful words!
hunnybun39 10 / 26  
You should always back up your case with evidence and examples, it simply isn't enough to state your case you need to prove your case!!
Gobind Chelani - / 1  
How to write an argumentative essay in APA style?

How to write argumentative essay in apa style?
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
APA = American Psychological Association. APA style is a referencing system. While APA style does lay out formatting and organization guidelines for writing reports on scholarly research, there are no guidelines concerning argumentative or any other kind of essay writing. So, I am assuming that you instructor wants you to use APA style for citing your sources in your argumentative essay. Follow your instructor's guidelines for organizing the essay. APA style guidelines are posted all over the internet and probably on the website of your college or university library.
If you post the instructions for the essay, and a draft of your work, we might be able to critique your essay as an argumentative piece, but Simone is right -- APA is just a citation style, and has nothing to do with the structure of your essay.

Home / Essays / The methods of argumentative essays