Unanswered [4] / Urgent [0] / SERVICES
 DrAfT!
Home / Essays   12

Motivation to get a travel grant to Frankfurt School Of Finance.

Please answer the following question. We highly encourage you to spend time coming up with a good response - this is your opportunity to showcase your creativity and innovative thinking! Good luck!

IN 250 WORDS OR LESS, PLEASE MOTIVATE WHY YOU SHOULD BE THE WINNER OF A TRAVEL GRANT TO VISIT FRANKFURT SCHOOL OF FINANCE & MANAGEMENT.

Please help me regarding the idea to write the essay.I am an undergraduate and want to do an MBA after my graduation and interested in startups.But I am not able to get the idea how to write for the motivation for the travel grant.

Thanking u

Good morning Abbukanithi,
"This is an opportunity to showcase your creativity and innovative thinking."

The sentence above says it all. Sit down with a blank sheet of paper, and write down whatever you feel regarding this grant. What is it that inspired you to proceed with this step to apply for the grant? Why would attending this grant help you? Why should you be the one attending? What do you have that makes you unique to the program and how will you contribute to the program?

After writing things down, you can take this the creative route. You can create a story based on the stuff you wrote. Make it fun and unique. Don't worry about what the judges will think, and you will begin writing freely.

As an example, one day I wrote a small 250 word essay imagining myself inside a rocket hat was lifting up to space, and in time, it reached outer orbit. I then wrote that the grant they were providing me was going help me with my dream of becoming an astronaut. This case doesn't apply to you as they are asking you to state why you should be the winner, but it's an example of how creative they want you to be.

I hope this information helps.

My best regards,

Juan Sebastian Rubio Lopez
Abhishek, I understand that it is hard to come up with an essay of such high importance, however, you can try to do one thing, try to come up with your own draft of the essay with the following guidelines;

- write a brief academic background, this will lay your roots at the beginning of the essay and will be the basis of your succeeding ideas in the essay

- what is the purpose of the travel
- what would be your take away from this grant
- what do you have that will help you stand out from all the other applications on this travel grant

More importantly, should you be given a chance to become part of the travel grant, what will you contribute to the institution and how are you going to execute it.

I hope to see your essay soon and don't worry about polishing it, let your thought flow and we will direct you to the right approach of the letter.
You should do an outline of the things that you want to include in your paper.

education level: here list things that will make you stand out, choose the one that will be appealing

What makes you unique- things that you have done in your life, such as personal things, volunteer work, strengths in your field and so on.

experiences : things that you have done related to finance and management

after making your list, you can add these to your writing.

There are some really great suggestion that have been offered already.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.
Hi everyone,

Thanks for ur suggestions.
The points which I figured out writing on a paper are:
1. I am an entrepreuner having a small starup working with 32 people and I am a undergraduate.
2.One of my targets in the future is to get into the top B-school.
3.I have good leadership qualities through which I am leading my team.
4.I like visiting new places which is my passion.

But Can anyone write the essay creatively based on these ideas in less than 300 words??
I am not able to connect the dots why I should get a travel grant with the above conditions.
Add any new things which you feel would give a crisp to the essay.
Thanks a lot.
Hi abbukanithi,

We cannot write the essay for you. We have 7.6 billion people in the world, and each person has a way of thinking, each person has had different experiences, each person has a different way of expressing themselves, and each person is unique in their own way.

I see you listed four points that you want to write about. Perfect! Now get to the writing phase.

You can start with a small introduction, and then follow with the points you listed there. Simply write down whatever is you want to write without thinking if it's good or bad. Then go back and see what you want to change. And then, you can upload it here and we'll give you suggestions on the content and how you can make it better.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Juan Sebastian Rubio Lopez
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your answers.I have written a essay based on your suggestions.

Below is the essay:

When I was in my high school, I always wondered how the price of the shares fluctuated and how people made millions investing in the stock market. I was always curious about learning the fundamentals of the financial markets.Also, I used to get questions like "How the large companies are managed by a single person effectively?", slowly I got to know the answers with the help of my father.I had an interest in entrepreneurship and leading a team was one of my favourites.

As days passed I joined the engineering college where I made a passion in Finance and did a small internship in the summer holidays of the first year where I learned the professionalism in the corporate sectors and along with that, I got a brief view on the accounting, financial instruments companies use etc.I joined the Finance club in my college where we learned from each other in weekly sessions. Along with that, I started a startup with five people named "Vedic", got incubated by my college's incubation cell, expanded to 22 people and working on it.I learned about team management, risk taking ability, building relationships which were essential in the companies.

With the interests, one of my aspiration is to join a foreign Business school where I would develop my knowledge and skills in the areas.If I win this opportunity I would get a chance to meet a lot of people who have experienced this kind of situations in their life.

Please help me
1)Professionalise the essay
2)Add some good content in the ending of the last paragraph
3)if possible help me add some creative things in between

Thanking you
Hi Abishek, I would like to share insights to your essay.

- When I was in my high school,
- the financial markets .
- Also, I also used to
- areis effectively managed
- by a single person effectively ?",
- slowly I slowly got to
- to leading a team

- the engineering college
- where I madedeveloped a passion in
- I started a startup company with

- With theFollowing my interests,
- where I wouldcould develop
- my knowledge and acquire new skills in the areas.
- If I winShould I be given this opportunity
- havehas experienced

There you have it Abishek, you see, it's not that hard to come up with an essay with a substance, as I mentioned, let your ideas talk and put it in writing, this is a fairly written essay and I must say, you're off to a good start.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have modified the essay.Please have a look at the essay...

When I was in high school, I always wondered how the price of the shares fluctuated and how people made millions investing in the stock market. I was always curious about learning the fundamentals of the financial market. Also, I used to get questions like "How the large companies are managed by a single person?", I slowly got to know the answers with the help of my father. I had an interest in entrepreneurship leading a team was one of my favourites.

As time passed I joined engineering where I developed a passion for Finance and did an internship in the summer holidays where I learned the professionalism in the corporate sectors and along with that, I got a brief view on the accounting, financial instruments companies use etc. I joined the Finance club in my college where we learned from each other in weekly sessions. Along with that, I started a start-up company with five people named "Vedic", getting incubated with my college's incubation cell, which later on expanded to 22 people and we were working on it. I learned about team management, risk taking ability, building relationships which were essential in the companies.

Following my interests, one of my aspirations is to join a foreign Business school where I could develop my knowledge and acquire new skills in the areas of finance and management. If I was given this opportunity I would meet a lot of experienced people in my area of interest to get better insights.

If you can suggest any crisp adding content or any mistakes in the essay,please suggest..
Would be helpful if suggest any ending paragraph for the essay.
Hi Abishek, I must say that the final essay is definitely a lot better than it was. I reviwed it and compared notes from other contributors and I believe most of us will agree that the essay came out pretty good.

However, the conclusion of the essay is not as powerful as the introduction as well as the other succeeding paragraphs. Needless to say, there are a lot of suggestions that will make your conclusion powerful or strong enough. I suggest that you change the sentences and keep them stronger by placing words that are inclined to the positive side of the grant, loke you have already garnered the grant, this way, your positivity reigns.

I hope this additional insights help. The best of luck to you and keep writing.
Thanks Ivy for your help and suggestions.

I am not able to write the last paragraph effectively.So if you could help me please help me change the last paragraph.And I am not completely satisfied with the vocabulary I used in the essay.I feel it as a simple essay and it might not be enough to win a grant.Please help me modify the vocabulary and change the last paragraph.

Thanking you

regards,
Abbukanithi
Hi Abishek, I do appreciate your words of appreciation here on EF but I would be more thankful if you put an effort in the revision of your conclusion. A rough draft will actually tell us that you tried and though this may not be the best that you expect your conclusion to be, this will show proof that you are maximizing your effort in coming up with a well formed conclusion.

Moreover, you cannot any create your own work effectively because you lack practice and dedication to the craft. I do hope that you develop this skill and focus eventually. For the meantime. I hope the suggestion below is helpful;

Conclusion:
- Following my interests, I aspire to join a Foreign Business School that will assist me in making my dreams come true, moreover, my acquisitions and further skill development will definitely enhance my capabilities in all areas with the focus on finance and management.If I was gG iven this opportunity I wouldwill meet a lot of experienced people in my area of interest to get better insights in the financial field. .

There you have it Abishek, I do wish to review more of your work soon.

Home / Essays / Motivation to get a travel grant to Frankfurt School Of Finance.